A very creamy fish preparation, from North India.
Recipe type: Fish
- 5 pcs king fish steak, washed and patted dry
- ½ tbsp ghee
- 1 meduim onion, sliced thinly
- 1½ inch pc ginger, pounded
- 2 cloves garlic, pounded
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tomatoes, ground
- 2 tbsp cooking cream
- Salt to taste
- Coriander for garnish
- Heat ghee in a saucepan.
- Fry the onions till slightly browned.
- Add the ginger, garlic and all the powders and cook till the raw smell is gone.
- Add the ground tomato and cook till oil floats on the top, stirring occasionally.
- Add the fish with ½ cup of water, sprinkle in some salt.
- Cook on simmer till the fish is completely done.
- Add in the beaten cream and give it a gentle stir and cook for another five minutes. Switch off. Serve warm with a sprinkle of chopped coriander leaves.